Morehead City Sprains and Pulled Muscle Injury Lawyers

Sprains and pulled muscle injuries can cause serious problems when it comes to returning to work. If you or someone you know has suffered a pulled muscle injury or sprain at a construction site in Morehead City or another town in North Carolina, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Sprains and pulled muscle injuries can be tough. Sometimes, they may go away on their own, but, if severe enough, they can put you out of work, sometimes for extended periods of time. In these cases especially, you can miss significant earnings that you need to support your family, not to mention earnings that you could otherwise use to pay medical bills. A qualified construction site accident lawyer can be of immense help in recovering the compensation that you need to pay off those medical bills and get you and your family back on track.

Do not let insurance companies and construction site owners and contractors continue to cause you pain and suffering. Contact the Morehead City area construction accident lawyers of Law Office of Sam Scudder today at (252) 222-0227 to speak with a member of our legal team about your case.

Why do I need a lawyer for my construction injuries case?

A qualified construction accident lawyer can often mean the difference between winning compensation to cover your injuries at least, and walking away empty-handed. They will be able to utilize their knowledge in personal injury law, and, in particular, the laws regarding liability at construction sites in crafting a strong case. Furthermore, they will represent your interests either during the settlement process or, if necessary, in court.

A Morehead City area construction site accident lawyer will work to understand all of the facts surrounding your case in order to best represent you. They will understand that your needs and facts of the case are unique and will harness their legal knowledge in holding insurance companies and contractors at the site accountable for their negligence or carelessness. Lawyers understand that insurance companies are not looking out for your best interests. An attorney will make sure you do not get a lowball settlement offer or that they do not try to squeeze their way out of a settlement altogether.

You should never file a personal injury claim alone as personal injury law is often complex. Attorneys who carry workers’ compensation claim certifications are equipped to deal with issues arising from construction site accidents. A workers’ compensation attorney will have has extensive knowledge of employer and contractor liability. If you have been injured in a construction site accident, contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case.

Why choose Law Office of Sam Scudder for my case?

Law Office of Sam Scudder brings vast experience in workers’ compensation law while providing clients with the personalized service of a small firm. Because Law Office of Sam Scudder is a small firm, the attorneys provide clients with a highly personalized experience. Our North Carolina workplace injury attorneys aim to understand your needs and your case first and foremost. They will then craft the best arguments that will put you in the best possible position of recovering the compensation you need.

Attorney Sam Scudder has been practicing law in North Carolina since 1990, having been admitted to practice before all state and two federal districts in North Carolina. He founded his own practice in 2001. As a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation attorney, he delivers the highest quality of service to his clients involved in accidents in the workplace. The Law Office of Sam Scudder is ready to take on a wide variety of workers’ compensation cases, including for sprains and muscle tears at construction sites.

Frequent Asked Questions about Construction Site Injuries

At Law Office of Sam Scudder, we get many questions from clients regarding construction site injuries. Below are a few of the most commonly asked questions. We hope you find our answers helpful. If you have any questions about your particular case, please reach out to one of our experienced North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyers by calling (252) 222-0227 to schedule a free and confidential consultation.

Should I get a medical evaluation following a suspected injury?

If you are injured in an accident, always accept medical treatment. If medical care is not available immediately following the accident, make sure to go to your physician to ensure that you did not suffer any injuries. With sprains and muscle-related injuries, sometimes the injury may not be immediately apparent. It is important to establish whether or not you had an injury as soon as possible, because if you do file a claim, establishing injuries later could be interpreted as a sign that the construction site accident did not cause the injury. It is always best to talk to a lawyer about these issues in greater detail.

If I am involved in an accident at a construction site, who is at fault?

Construction work presents a significant risk for workers, as do construction sites. If you are an employee at the site, who is found to be at fault will ultimately be determined based on a variety of factors. The site manager, general contractor, subcontractor or any variety of actors at the site will be considered for their liability. For example, if a subcontracted erected scaffolding which later collapsed and injured site workers, that subcontractor would most likely carry the liability (possibility of being at fault) in that accident. If you are not an employee of the site and were simply passing by, this may be considered a premises liability case in which the responsible party did not secure the premises. Ultimately, this will depend on the details of your case.

Will an approved worker’s compensation claim prevent me from filing a suit for lost wages and other damages?

If you apply for workers compensation and are approved for your claim, you may still file a “third-party” lawsuit in order to recover damages. Workers compensation benefits are typically quite limited and do not include a variety of reasons that compensation may typically be given out for, such as pain and suffering. Therefore, filing a third-party claim with an experienced and knowledgeable construction site accident lawyer is the only way to recover the full extent of the damages.

Can I file a claim against my employer?

The short answer is no, in North Carolina you are barred from filing a claim against your employer with very limited exceptions, such as if the injury was intentional. By law, you may file a workers’ compensation claim, but typically any sort of third-party claim would be filed against the provider of the equipment, the general contractor if you work for a subcontractor or in some cases the site owner. This simply depends on your role in the construction site, and who is potentially at fault. Whether you are filing a worker’s compensation claim or third-party suit, it is best to speak with a worker’s compensation lawyer about your claim before proceeding further, as your options could be impacted by who the possible responsible parties are.

If I was working as a subcontractor at the worksite or worked for a subcontractor, what rights do I have if I am injured on the job?

As a subcontractor or employee of a subcontractor, both the site owner and general contractors are possible candidates for a third-party suit if there is reason to believe that they are at fault for your injuries. For the site owner, this comes from a duty to maintain and ensure the general safety of the premises, and for the general contractor to coordinate subcontractors and ensure that safety precautions are implemented and followed. In either of these instances, the site owner or subcontractor may be found to be negligent if they failed to honor this duty.

Contact Law Office of Sam Scudder today

Injuries such as sprains and muscle strains can appear minor on the surface, but can often develop into serious injuries if not treated, if they do not have debilitating consequences from the start. As medical bills rack up and you miss wages from work, it is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss the details of your case. The statute of limitations for most personal injury cases in North Carolina is three years, so it is important that you speak with a lawyer about your legal options as soon as possible after an accident.

If you or someone you know was injured in an accident, don’t let irresponsible companies and construction site owners get away with their recklessness. Contact the Morehead City area construction site accident lawyers of Law Office of Sam Scudder today at (252) 222-0227 to discuss the details of your case with a member of our legal team.