Raleigh Pharmacy Malpractice Lawyer
Pharmacies and pharmacists are extremely important members of the medical community. While doctors may be responsible for diagnosing a disease and prescribing treatment, it is the role of a pharmacist to ensure that the patient receives the correct type and dosage of medication. If a pharmacist is careless or reckless and you are injured as a result, you may be entitled to financial compensation through a pharmacy malpractice suit.
At Law Office of Sam Scudder, we believe in holding pharmacists accountable to the highest standards of professionalism and accuracy. If you or someone you love has suffered due to pharmaceutical error, contact our Raleigh pharmacy malpractice lawyers at (252) 222-0227 or online to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Why Do I Need a Pharmacy Malpractice Lawyer?
Having an experienced and qualified Raleigh pharmacy malpractice lawyer can often make the difference in a case. Whether a case ends in a settlement or goes to trial, a lawyer can be your voice and stand up for your rights. An effective personal injury lawyer will be able to help you understand your legal options, build a case, and fight for the compensation in court that you need to recover and get your life back on track. They can work to hold careless or negligent medical professionals accountable for medication errors.
Proving that a pharmacy committed malpractice can often be challenging, and this kind of case requires a degree of legal knowledge and experience that only a pharmacy malpractice lawyer can provide. Ideally, a pharmacy errors lawyer will be armed with knowledge, both from previous cases and of the law, to be able to understand the common defenses health care providers and pharmacies might use. They can help to make sure that insurance companies don’t try to dodge your claim or make a lowball settlement offer. Ultimately, you are likely to receive far more in compensation with a lawyer’s help than you would trying to handle your claim alone.
Pharmaceutical and Legal Experience
Law Office of Sam Scudder, are well-equipped to help you seek justice in drug error cases. As a former pharmacist, partner Sam Scudder has a sharp understanding of the pressures and responsibilities facing pharmacists working in North Carolina – and how these pressures may have affected your health.
The attorneys of Law Office of Sam Scudder have significant experience as advocates for the victims of personal injury cases. As members of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Attorneys Sam Scudder understand the value of education and advocacy and bring this to every case they represent. Law Office of Sam Scudder is dedicated to being open and accessible, treating you and your case as unique, and understanding your needs as we approach each case.
Attorney Sam Scudder has been practicing law for nearly 20 years in North Carolina. Working in Raleigh since 1994 and at his current practice since 2001, Mr. Scudder understands the needs of North Carolinians who have been injured in personal injury cases. His legal experience in the state’s Court of Appeals and Supreme Court means that he is prepared to deal with your case on every level.
At Law Office of Sam Scudder, we aren’t in the business of meeting quotas or collecting huge fees from you. We are in the business of representation and making sure that you are able to recover from a medical professional’s carelessness or negligence.
Common Pharmacy Errors
In the experience of Raleigh pharmaceutical error attorneys Law Office of Sam Scudder, the most common types pharmacy error involve simple carelessness or overwork on the part of a pharmacist, leading to:
- Dispensing the wrong dosage of medication – An increased dosage of a medication can cause harmful side effects, and underdosing may render the drug ineffective.
- Dispensing the incorrect strength of medication – Similar to dispensing the incorrect dosage, dispensing the incorrect strength of the medication could be seriously harmful to you, whether it is too strong and causes complications, or is too weak and is not effective.
- Dispensing the wrong drug – If you received the wrong drug, it may result in uncontrolled medical issues. Even worse, it can lead to dangerous drug interactions and side effects.
- Confusing prescriptions between customers – It is the responsibility of the pharmacy to keep detailed records of their customers’ prescriptions. If you received another customer’s prescriptions, you may be subject to dangerous drug interactions and other health effects resulting from the incorrect medication.
A professional pharmacist may also be legally responsible for ensuring that a patient does not suffer from:
- Errors in drug utilization instructions –Pharmacists have a responsibility to ensure that patients understand how to take the medication and whether certain precautions should be taken to avoid dangerous side effects.
- Dangerous interactions between medications – The pharmacist must understand the nature of the drugs that are prescribed and raise concern if there is the possibility of a drug interaction.
- Errors in a doctor’s orders or judgment– The pharmacist serves as another line of defense against drug interactions in cases where the doctor mistakenly prescribes the incorrect dosage of medication.
Any pharmaceutical error, no matter how simple, can have disastrous consequences for patients. If you have been injured by a negligent or reckless pharmacist, Raleigh pharmacy malpractice lawyer Law Office of Sam Scudder, can provide the legal assistance you need.
Being a victim of a pharmaceutical error is devastating and can have a significant impact on your life. Whether you were injured through a medication overdose, a wrong medication, or a drug interaction, we can help. An experienced pharmacy malpractice lawyer can be your voice during the settlement process or in court to make sure that you can get the compensation you need. This compensation can help to cover medical expenses, offset lost wages, and help you support your family.
You should never have to go a personal injury case alone, especially when you are up against insurance companies and medical professionals. If you have been injured due to the mistakes of a pharmacy or pharmacist, Law Office of Sam Scudder, can help. For a consultation with one of our experienced Raleigh pharmacy malpractice lawyer, contact us at (252) 222-0227 today.