What do I do if my employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance?

If your employer has revealed to you that they lack workers’ compensation insurance and they were required by law to have obtained coverage, immediate action should be taken. The employer’s lack of workers’ compensation insurance (or another per-approved insurance) must be reported to the North Carolina Industrial Commission. If you are injured, then you must file both Form 18 and Form 33 within 30 days of the incident.

If you have more questions about workers’ compensation insurance, contact the Morehead City workers’ compensation lawyers of Law Office of Sam Scudder, by calling (252) 222-0227 today.