Q: Do I need a workers’ compensation attorney to help me file a claim?

A: Procedurally, no, you do not. But it is in your best interest to work with a trained professional who can help ensure that your claim for workers’ compensation benefits is filed properly and with all the relevant details and paperwork. And if your initial claim is rejected by your employer’s insurer, attempting to file an appeal on your own may only delay the financial compensation that you need and deserve.

To obtain the legal representation that you need to help you through the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim, contact the Morehead City workers’ compensation attorneys of Law Office of Sam Scudder, at (252) 222-0227.