Initial Forms that May Need to Be Filed

When you have been injured on the job, obtaining workers’ compensation may be vital to both your recovery and well-being, as you may be unable to afford adequate health care and necessary living expenses without these benefits. However, obtaining the benefits which you are rightfully due can be time-consuming and difficult as there is a rigorous application process which requires filing the appropriate forms to the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC) according to exact specifications.

Fortunately, you do not have to navigate this process on your own. For assistance with your worker’s compensation claim, contact the Morehead City workers’ compensation attorneys of the Law Office of Sam Scudder, at 919-851-3311 today.

Forms Required by the NCIC

In order to make an initial workers’ compensation claim, there are certain forms which must be filed with the NCIC, including:

  • Form 18 – this form is required of every employee filing for workers’ compensation in order to make a claim
  • Form 18b – this form is required of any employee wishing to make a claim for lung disease
  • Form 18M – this form is required of those people wishing to claim extra medical compensation

It is important to note that form 18 must be submitted by each and every person looking to obtain workers’ compensation, whereas the other forms are only necessary for those affected by specific health concerns.

Contact Us

Do not lose the workers’ compensation that you may be due because of incorrect filing or any other preventable problems. Contact the Morehead City workers’ compensation lawyers of the Law Office of Sam Scudder, by calling 919-851-3311.