5 Facts You Should Know about Slip and Fall Accidents at Work
The idea of slip and fall accidents causing severe injuries seems almost unbelievable for most people. However, if you have actually been through this experience, you know that slip and fall accidents are not a laughing matter and can actually result in injuries including head trauma and broken bones. Slip and fall accidents, along with trips and falls, are surprisingly common and cause a significant amount of injury and damage. Consider the following facts about these accidents:
- The rate of these accidents is on the rise.
- These falls were the second leading cause of workplace injuries in 2005, and cost more than $70 billion in workers’ compensation claims.
- Workers who suffer this type of injury miss an average of 8 days of work, compared with the average 6 days for all injuries.
- Also, close to 3 out of 10 workers who suffer a slip and fall accident are out for more than 21 days of work.
- Companies suffer productivity losses when workers are injured or absent.
Fortunately, victims of slip and fall accidents at work may be entitled to workers’ compensation to help them recover.
If you’ve experienced a slip and fall accident, you understand the difficulties of providing for your family while you recover. However, workers’ compensation benefits are most likely available to assist you in this stressful time. An experienced Morehead City workers’ compensation attorney can assist you each step of the way and make sure you receive the workers’ comp you deserve in a timely manner. Law Office of Sam Scudder at (252) 222-0227 today to get started on your case.